Monday 27 August 2012

Today I went to an old friend’s house as she was hosting an open studios event for the Artwave festival. She has many lovely barns and out buildings, which were filled with artists and their work today. I was so pleased to see my friend again that I forgot to take pictures or make a note of the artists names, so I can’t go into detail about all of the work I saw. (I am sure I won’t forget to do this once I get more used to blogging!)

One artist whose name I did get was Lydia Crook. She works primarily with paper and the work she had on display today was reminiscent of Robert Ryan’s work – very delicate paper cut outs with intricate writing. I bought two of her greetings cards with prints of her work on. My favourite was the matchbox image so I’ll be putting that in a frame! It is lovely and simple and cheerful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment