Sunday 5 May 2013

Dance Workshop

Sunday 17th March
Today I went along to a vintage chorus line workshop to learn a routine inspired by Busby Berkeley. I thought as well as being fun, it might inspire me with my project for the dance sequences. It was a really great workshop and we had flowery headscarves and giant swirly lollipops as props, which we used to make the kaleidoscope shapes that Berkeley is famous for. It definitely inspired me and gave me a few more ideas!







There were mirrors in the studio so we could see the lovely shapes we were making. Berkeley was famous for the surreal and huge dance sequences he choreographed for films such as Gold Diggers of 1935 and 42nd Street involving hundreds of dancing girls and giant props which he filmed from above to make kaleidoscope images.

(image from http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdreviews20/busby_berkeley_collection_dvd_review.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment